Greetings Sanibel Symposium Guests!
I was born in Omaha, Nebraska and attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. In college, I first learned about perfusion while working as a phlebotomist at Bryan Memorial Hospital. After graduating from the University of Nebraska, I went on to the Texas Heart Institute to study Perfusion. I began Perfusion.com as a student project in 1995 while attending perfusion school in Houston, TX. After graduation, I moved to Florida to begin my career. Presently, I still reside with my wife and 2 children in Ft. Myers, Florida. I run the day-to-day operations of Perfusion.com and work clinically at several local hospitals. I serve on the board of directors for the Florida Perfusion Society, and I am involved in a number of other professional societies.
Professional Achievements and Affiliations
- Member, AmSECT Perioperative Blood Management Committee
- Former Director Zone 3, The American Society of Extracorporeal Technology
- Treasurer, Florida Perfusion Society 2009-Present
- Chairman, The International Perfusion Association
- Board Member, Perfusion Research & Education Foundation 1996-2000
- Perfusion Director, Heart-to-Heart Mission 2004-Present
- Perfusionist of the Year, Nominee, AmSECT 2007
- Award of Excellence Nominee, AmSECT 2008, 2011
- Perfusionist of the Year, AmSECT 2009